Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 39 The 60 Day Bird Journal Challenge


Lots of carving and pattern making going on over here on the prairie, so much so I forgot to post to the blog!


I've been working with reworking patterns and the like this past week, exploring new avenues for design.


And then I was reminded by another artist who had posted to Lynn Krawczyk's Facebook page that back in the day, this would be art school, we used to create patterns and then cut them up into strips, one inch squares, and the like and the reconfigure the patterns to create new designs with existing patterns.

That was a mouthful! 

My original design that I scanned into the computer so I could print multiple copies to be manipulated into new designs.


The first time I did this was circa 1994 and I was so intimidated by my instructor (Tim McIllrath) that I, without thinking and fear causes us to do irrational things at times, cut up my original design WHEN I should have made multiple copies of it and cut those up instead.  Face plant onto desk, to scared to even cry.


So don't do what I did, make multiple copies of your original design FIRST and then proceed to cut them into one inch strips.  This fiskars paper cutter made quick work of the process.


We have strips!!!


I wove some strips that I cut horizontally, one inch by eight inch, the original pattern to the left.


Tomorrow I shall rework the strips I cut vertically, one inch by eleven inches, and will post those results as soon as I remember to do so, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment